I'm using a blank/empty Windows login password. How do I run scheduled tasks?
When you schedule a profile using SyncBack it will check if your system has the restriction. If so you are prompted if you would like the restriction removed (you are not prompted if restriction has already been removed). Note that if you do not remove the restriction, and you have a blank/empty password, then the profile will not run.
SyncBackFree does not run elevated (unlike SyncBackPro, SyncBackSE and SyncBackLite). This means when you are asked if you want the blank password restriction removed it will run a special program elevated to remove the restriction. You must be an administrator, or have the administrator password, to remove it on Windows Vista and newer. An alternative is to do the following:
- Login to Windows as an Administrator
- Run SyncBackFree elevated. To do this right-click on SyncBackFree in the Windows Start menu (or on any SyncBackFree shortcut) and select Run as administrator from the pop-up menu. Alternatively, run Windows Explorer and navigate to the C:\Program Files\2BrightSparks\SyncBackFree folder*, right-click on SyncBackFree application (SyncBackFree.exe, if extensions are shown), and select Run as administrator from the pop-up menu.
- If you are then asked to confirm running the program click Yes
- Select your profile and click the Schedule button
- You are now asked if you want to remove the blank password restriction. Click Yes. If you are not asked then it is either because the blank password restriction has already been removed or you have configured SyncBackFree not to remove the restriction. To make sure you are prompted select Preferences > Options from the main menu and make sure the Prompt me to remove the blank password restriction on the Windows Scheduler checkbox on the Easy tab is ticked/checked.
- You may then be asked for your password. If you have no password, simply click OK. Do not click Cancel