This article provides information about the above error message, which may appear in the log files when attempting to copy open / locked files. This error may be caused by the one of the following reasons:
- Insufficient free disk space on the drive that contains the locked file. Try deleting unnecessary files, e.g. temporary files, to create more free disk space. You can also create more free disk space by deleting all restore points except the latest:
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Click Disc Cleanup - Now launch this utility and click More Options tab.
- Under which click System Restore and followed by that click Clean Up tab a message will popup - Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point? Click Yes then OK.
- Finally another message will popup-Are you sure you want to perform these actions? Click Yes.
Now, all the System Restore points except the most recent one are cleaned. As a result there will be more free space in hard disk.
- It can also be caused by other profiles that are being run at the same time and are also copying open/locked files from the same drive. Only one profile can be copying open/locked files at any one time.
- Some other software may also be trying to access the shadow volume for that drive, e.g. disk defragmenters, other backup software, etc.