This error message can be given for the following reasons:
- A profile with that name already exists: Profile names must be unique. Check to make sure you don't already have a profile with that name, e.g. you may have SyncBack set to display groups only and the profile is not displayed because it's not in a group.
- There is a corrupted profile with that name: This can happen when a profile is in the process of being created and SyncBack is unexpectedly terminated, e.g. the computer is switched off or the operating system crashes.
If you are using SyncBack V6 or newer then once the program is started it will automatically check to see if there are any corrupted profiles, and if so, it will prompt you and ask you if you'd like them deleted.
It you're using SyncBack V5 or older (including SyncBack V3 freeware) and are sure the profile doesn't exist then you can manually delete it using the following techniques:
For SyncBackPro/SE/Free V8 (or newer):
- Run SyncBackSE/Pro
- Choose Preferences > Options from the main menu
- Go to the Settings tab and click the Open button
- Two Windows File Explorer windows will open. In both Explorer windows look for a file called ProfileName_Settings.ini and delete it.
For SyncBack V3 freeware:
- Exit SyncBack
- Click Start -> Run and type regedit then press OK
- Navigate to the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MJLSoftware\SyncBack
- Expand the SyncBack key (in the left pane) to see a list of all the profiles
- Delete the sub-key that has the name of the profile