This article provides information about using SyncBack with the Maxtor OneTouch external drive. It is assumed the drive has been installed and connected, the correct Windows drivers install, and the Maxtor OneTouch software installed.
- Start menu > Maxtor > OneTouch > Maxtor One Touch
- Click the Drive Management button
- Click the Customize OneTouch Button option
- Click the Browse button
- Assuming SyncBackSE is installed in the default folder, in the Open window choose the file \Program Files\2BrightSparks\SyncBackSE\SyncBackSE.exe then click Open. If you are using SyncBackPro or SyncBackFree then choose the appropriate file.
- Click on the Application box (at the bottom of the window) and add the profile name to the end of the entry. Note that you must put double-quotes around the profile name.
- Click Apply then Close then close the window
When the button is now pressed on the external drive your profile will be run. If you want a countdown timer to appear, so you have time to stop the profile before it starts, then add the -countdown parameter before the profile name, e.g.:
“C:\Program Files\2BrightSparks\SyncBackSE\SyncBackSE.exe” -countdown “Profiles Name”
OneTouch is a trademark of Maxtor.