How do I have SyncBack automatically start when I login to Windows?
Select burger menu > Global Settings > Easy > tick 'Start With Windows' option in V9 (or newer) (or Preferences > Options > tick 'Start With Windows' option in V8 or older version).
If SyncBack is failing the start when you login, it may be because it requires elevation. This can occur if the user is a member of the backup operators group, for example, but not an administrator. To resolve this you need to set the task to run elevated:
- Start the Task Scheduler (press the Windows key and type scheduler, it should then show Task Scheduler in the start menu, click it)
- You may be prompted for your Windows login password, enter it then click the Yes button
- In the Task Scheduler window, on the left pane: expand Task Scheduler Library, then expand 2BrightSparks, then expand SyncBackPro (or SyncBackProx64, or SyncBackSE, or SyncBackSEx64), then expand your username.
- In the right pane, there will be an entry to start SyncBack (it's name will be just SyncBackPro or SyncBackSE and the Trigger will be "At log on"). Double-click on it to modify it.
- The properties window will appear. At the bottom there will be the checkbox "Start with highest privileges". Tick that and then click OK to save it.
- Logout and log back in.