To stop Avast wrongly identifying a virus in SyncBack:
- Double-click on the Avast icon in the system tray (by the clock in the bottom-right of the Windows desktop)
- Select Settings from the menu on the left of the window that appears
- Select Active Protection from the menu on the left
- Click on the Customize text link next to File System Shield
- The File System Shield Settings window will appear. Select Exclusions from the menu on the left of the window
- Click on the Add button at the bottom of the window
- Click on the browse button and select the 2BrightSparks folder in the Program Files (x86) or Program Files folder:
- Click OK to add the folder
- Click OK to close the File System Shield Settings window
- Click OK to close the Settings window
- Download and reinstall SyncBack. You will not lose any profiles or settings:
Visit our downloads page to download the latest versions of 2BrightSparks software.
IMPORTANT: Avast may have also deleted all the schedules for your profiles. If so, you'll have no choice but to recreate them.