There are two versions of SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE: the standard 32-bit version and the new 64-bit version. SyncBackFree is only available as 32-bit versions, as are all versions of SyncBack older than V8.
There are important differences between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. If you are unsure which version to use, you should continue to use the standard 32-bit version (or whichever version you have installed). Do not install both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of SyncBackPro or SyncBackSE as having both installed at the same time will cause problems.
If you want to switch from 32-bit to 64-bit you should:
1. Export your profiles from the 32-bit version (Note: If you have Groups, both member profiles and Groups must be exported. Disable option "Only show groups and profiles not in a group" under: burger menu > Preferences to see all nested profiles. Press Ctrl+A to select all profiles.) You can refer to this article for profile Export/Import instructions.
2. Uninstall the 32-bit version. If you are prompted with Would you like to keep your profiles and settings? then click Yes.
3. Install the 64-bit version but do not launch/start SyncBackPro/SE.
4. If you had SyncBack set to store the profiles in the same folder as the executable then you will need to manually move your profiles. This is because the 32-bit and 64-bit versions are installed in different folders. For example, the 32-bit version of SyncBack is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks\SyncBackPro but the 64-bit version is installed in C:\Program Files\2BrightSparks\SyncBackPro - notice there is no (x86):
- Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks\SyncBackPro or C:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks\SyncBackSE, depending on if you're using SyncBackPro or SyncBackSE. If those folders do not exist, or the folders are empty, then there is nothing to do as you had no profiles stored in the same folder as the executable. Proceed to step 5 below.
- As you have already uninstalled SyncBackPro/SE (in step 2 above) and chosen to keep your profiles, the only files in the program folder should be profile settings files. Move all the files to C:\Program Files\2BrightSparks\SyncBackPro or C:\Program Files\2BrightSparks\SyncBackSE, depending on if you're using SyncBackPro or SyncBackSE.
5. Start SyncBackPro/SE. If you were prompted to keep your settings in step 2, then you shouldn't need to do anything. All your profiles and settings will be as they were in the 32-bit version. However, if you were using an older version of SyncBack then you may now need to Import your profiles.
This process is the same as moving an installation from one computer to another.